Skip to content Accessibility info

RV Insurance

from PowerSports Insurance Agency

RV Insurance

Don’t leave your recreational vehicle (RV) or Motor Home at risk; make sure you protect it with the right insurance coverage.

Do you own a motor home, coach, travel trailer, camper, or some other type of recreational vehicle? Then it’s important that you have the right RV insurance coverage in place. However, it’s important to understand that your coverage needs are dependent on the type of vehicle that you own and how you use this vehicle. Not sure what coverages you need to protect your recreational vehicle? Don’t worry, the experts at PowerSports Insurance Agency has the experience and expert advice that you can rely on. Read on to learn more about what our various RV insurance solutions can do for you.

RV Trailer Types We Insure: All types of personal use travel trailers and utility trailers

Travel Trailers – Wide range of floor plans and sizes.

Fifth Wheels – Have spacious two-level floor plans.

Animal or Sport Utility Trailers – Usually have living quarters and are sometimes called a Toy Hauler– Built-in garage for cycles, ATV’s & snowmobiles or stalls for animals.

Tent or Pop-Up Campers – Folds for light weight and aerodynamic towing.

Pickup Campers – Mounts on pickup bed.

Park Models – Permanently installed RV in campground or park.

Utility Trailers – Trailers designed to be pulled for personal use by cars, trucks or motor homes. May include Sport Utility – to haul motorcycles, snowmobiles and ATV’s. 

Motor Home Types We Insure:

Class A Motor Homes – Largest motor homes with luxurious amenities.

Class B Motor Homes – Sometimes called van campers.

Class C Motor Homes – Smaller versions of Class A motor homes.

Luxury Motor Coaches – Usually professionally-converted motor coaches.

Standard Recreational Vehicle & Motor Home Insurance:

Vacation Liability Coverage: Provides coverage for claims made for bodily injury or property damage that results from an accident at the site where the RV or Motor Home is parked and used for recreational purposes.

Comprehensive Coverage: This type of insurance will cover the damages or losses to your recreational vehicle caused by a non-collision incident. For instance, it will provide coverage for the damages resulting from fire, theft, vandalism, major weather events, and other perils. Example: wind damage to an awning or damaged from a falling tree branch.

Collision Coverage: This type of insurance will provide coverage in the event that your recreational vehicle is damaged or requires total replacement due to a collision event.

When you own a motorhome, you and your loved ones can hit the road any time you like for an exciting road trip. Of course, like when driving your car, you'll want to ensure that your motorhome is protected with adequate insurance coverage. This will give you greater peace of mind while out on the road, no matter where your journeys take you. 

Depending on your auto insurance carrier, you may or may not be able to include your motorhome under your standard auto policy. Some insurers allow you to add on your motorhome just like any other vehicle. However, others require you to have a separate RV policy or do not offer the coverage at all, forcing you to work with another insurance carrier for your motorhome coverage. 

What Motorhome Insurance Entails 

Every state in the U.S. requires motorhome drivers to have insurance, and each state sets their own minimum coverage requirements. At the very least, you'll need to have liability coverage. Within this category, you'll have both bodily injury and property damage components. Bodily injury liability will apply to the medical expenses of anyone who is injured if you get into an accident while driving your motorhome. 

Property damage coverage will fix the damage to the other driver's vehicle following an accident in which you are at fault. It will not apply to the damage to your motorhome; for this, you'll need to add collision coverage to your policy. This is an optional add-on that is typically not required by law, though your lender may require you to have it if you financed your motorhome. 

Some states, but not all, also require motorhome drivers to include uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage in their policies, and most lenders will require this component as well. This aspect will protect you against other drivers who break the law and drive without insurance. It can also fill in any gaps in others' policies in the event that they are insufficient to pay for all the damages or medical bills in the aftermath of an accident. 

Get Insurance for Your Motorhome 

At PowerSports Insurance Agency, we are here to work with you to satisfy your motorhome insurance needs. We'll evaluate your current auto policy to determine whether your motorhome policy can be combined with it or you'll need a separate policy. Get in touch with our team today to learn more and get started.